Okay, focus Deana.
For those of you who don't know, I am flying out to Utah in May to attend the LDS StoryMakers conference. I'm pretty excited about this because I get to meet TONS of blogger buddies and I can't wait for that. On top of that, I found out yesterday that I'm going to be in Elana Johnson's Publication Primer group. This is a six hour session for people serious about getting published. I can't believe how luck I am to be placed in her group so she can slash our pages and help us to be better writers:)
Oh, but my day gets even better.
I have edited Ripple Effect multiple times on my own and have gone through three rounds of beta reads. I've read it out loud, switched whole chapters moved and deleted. Added and changed. I think it's come time that I dip my toes in the query trenches.
I do still have it out to a couple of beta buddies and I want one more round of reads before all is said and done, but I am going to send it out to ten agents and just see what happens. Get a feel for if I have legs to stand on...or if I don't. We shall see.
What about you? How do you know when you're ready to query?
To end this post on why today is so wonderful...I have been given some awards!
Cassie Mae has given me the...umm I was trying to find out but something loopy is going on with her blog this morning.
Sharon Bayliss, over at the Blue Word has given me the Sunshine Award and tagged me with the Lucky 7 Meme
And finally Tara Tyler, from Tara Tyler Talks gave me the Sunshine Award too!
You all are so sweet! It makes me want to get all sentimental on you...but I won't today. Instead I will pass on the awards and the rules.
I like this MEME! Here are the rules:
1. Go to page 77 of your current MS.
2. Go to line 7.
3. Copy down the next 7 lines - sentences or paragraphs - and post them as they're written. No cheating.
4. Tag 7 authors.
Here is mine:
"...you to sit here and rest and I’m going to go get us something to drink.”
“What? Where do you think you’re going to do that?” I ask, skeptical.
“Just trust me.”
“Whatever.” I have no energy to care if I get a drink or not at this point, so I curl up into my same old useless ball-like position and try to sleep.
After tossing and turning on the hard ground, I grunt and mumble and finally figure...That's it. Pretty enthralling 7 lines huh? HA!
Alrighty, now for the Sunshine Award:
Here are the questions. Here are my answers.
1. Favorite Color: Blue: Go Big Blue!
3. Favorite Number: 6
4. Favorite (non-alcoholic) drink: diet coke
5. Facebook or Twitter: Twitter
6. My passion: writing
7. Getting or Giving presents: can I say both?
8. Favorite Pattern: mismatched stuff. I just love it!9. Favorite Day of the Week: Since I am a stay at home mom, I don't really dread the week. So I am going to say all the days are pretty cool!
10. Favorite Flower: I'm horrible with knowing the names of flowers, but my favorite is that one that blooms into big ball-like flowers. Oh they are BEAUTIFUL!
Passing on the love now....
Kim Van Sickler
The Red Angel
That's it. Later dudes:)