Friday, June 8, 2012

Calling All Gearing Up to Get an Agent Helpers!!!


In my last post I mentioned the upcoming prep I would be doing for the second annual Gearing Up to Get an Agent Blogfest. If you were here last year for the month long GUTGAA event, you may remember the fun we had. If not, go HERE and check it out.

Basically, it's a fest divided up into four weeks where we hone in on areas and that, with some polish, can get us that much further toward publication. I have a lot of fun things and contests in mind, but last year I realized just how much work goes into a month long interactive blogfest...and HOLY CRAP it's a lot!

So, this year I'm trying to be smart and I'm calling all HELPERS! Anyone willing to help, please let me know in the comments section below and leave your email.

Here is the kind of help I'm needing:

Basic helpers - If you have great ideas or are willing to help man the separate events, I'd love to hear from you.

A very cool Blog Button for the blogfest. If you look to the right of my blog you will see the one from last year. I need a new one and I'm so NOT tech savvy.

Agents and Editors - Last year I had help from some fabulous authors and the ever awesome agent, Kathleen Rushall, who helped me judge the contests. This year I would love to have more! I'm not deluded enough to think I have agents and editors browsing my blog, but authors, if you have an agent or editor, or know of any that are looking to add to their list of clients, then I'd love to hear from you!

Authors - If you have a keen eye for editing and are willing to giveaway some critique time, please let me know!

Prizes - I would love to make this years blogfest bigger and better, so if you have anything to contribute for prizes...yep, please let me know

Success Stories - I've heard from a few of you about how this blogfest actually helped you land your agent. If you are one of those lovelies, then I would love to share your story!

I think that's it for know. My brain is just getting into planning mode, so be on the lookout for a survey (I really want to find out what you think would make this blogfest a success), sign ups, and more info.

This is just tentative, but I'm thinking of having the blogfest around August of this year.

What do you think? Are you ready for a blogfest that will get your writing in gear for publication???  

19 comments:

Ink in the Book said...

Hi Deana!
I would love to help out! Yes! Yes! Yes!
I could contribute as a basic helper, I could do a blog button for you, and I can offer a prize, such as a a gift card. Please contact me at inkinthebook@gmail.com and
inkinthebook.blogspot.com

Angela Brown said...

Hey Deanna. I'd like to offer some basic helper services and I have a few book, both physical and kindle e-book, I'd be willing to offer up for prizes.

tomewriter@gmail.com

Randy said...

I volunteer for basic helper duty.

A.J. Locke said...

Hi Deana, I remember how much fun the blogfest was last year I'd like to volunteer as a basic helper, and I think I can also donate a prize and make a new button.

ajlocke.writes@gmail.com

Leslie S. Rose said...

Hey Deana - your are inspiring and ambitious. I will be happy to offer a copy of the Journeys of Wonder anthology I'm in as a prize.

Lynn Proctor said...

i don't know how i could help--but this sounds like a great idea you have!

Tara Tyler said...

darn! i wanted to do a button!
count me in for whatever you need! (thats not too hard!)

Kelley Lynn said...

I'm here for whatever you need!!! Though... I'm not sure how good I'll be at any of it... haha ;)

Stephanie said...

Hi Deanna. I loved the Agent Blogfest last year. I'm not sure if this will work for you, but if you have the blogfest in or after August, I can offer a free print copy of my self-published novel as a prize. I can also offer any basic help you need with running events.

Here's my email: lizziebennet45@yahoo.com

Deana said...

You guys rock the party! I will be sending out an email soon to all the volunteers:) And I still need more so keep em coming!

Also, since there are more than one wanting to make a button, I was thinking we could do a little vote off. Maybe those who want to make buttons can and in the survey we can have you all vote for the winner. What do you guys think?

Ink in the Book said...

Hi Deana,
I'll do whatever you would like or need. I am offering help in whatever area you need:)
Talynn

Melodie Wright said...

Hey Deana: I can ask Tricia if she wants to participate. She may already be booked but maybe August would work.
And I don't mind giving away critique time...as long as it's with the caveat that it's not for the faint of heart. ;)

Christa Desir said...

Well, is your Gearing Up To Get An Agent only for YA books? If not, you know that I edit for Samhain Publishing, right? (see, editors do troll your blog). If any of the pitches are romance, I can for sure help. Let me know. Also, my friend Lucy V. Morgan edits YA for Etopia now. She's a blogger also (she writes romance). You should ask if she could help for any YA pitches. If you want.

Tara Tyler said...

i had to give you an award!

Juliana L. Brandt said...

I would love to help. Your fest was such a blast last year :)

I'll volunteer for anything basic and would love to give away a critique.

Taryn said...

I can help! I'm agented, a freelance editor, and (wait for it) an agent intern! Sooo email me if you'd like some help: tarynalAThotmailDOTcom

Hope Roberson said...

I'd love to help :) Not sure how much help I'll be, but I'm in!

Emily R. King said...

I'm not ready to participate this year, so I'm in a great place to help you out. Let me know what you need, and I'll be there.

Melodie Wright said...

Hey Deana:

I can help with whatever...do you still need agents? DM me if so and I'll ask mine if she can participate. :)