Thursday, April 28, 2011

Organized Writer. Is that possible?

If my brain wasn't wrapped nice and securely inside my skull and attached to my body, I would swear that sometimes I didn't have one.

I'm a mom for crying out loud!  I'm supposed to multi-task...pop in the laundry while I check my facebook, blog in between my novel writing as I use my free hand to work a puzzle with my son and help with my daughters first grade math...which wait...I SUCK at Math.  What is a girl to do to get a story written?  Why so many road blocks?  I'm so over it, put a cork in me, turn the oven off, whatever, I'm done.  I must find some order in my life. 
Making a darn schedule, prioritizing and then sticking to it, that is the key for making this all work—for me at least.  I know I must do it but the rebellious child in me loathes restriction, being told this is the way it has to be.  I want freedom, fun and all that jazz. 

More than that, though, I want to finish my novel, I want to connect with likeminded individuals through marketing, I want to play with my kids and wear clean cloths so by golly the prioritizing has to begin…tomorrow, once I get over my procrastination thing.

I'm on my way to being organized.  Or so I hope.

What do you do to keep all your eggs in a basket?  Is there a secret trick you want to share because I would love to know.  Like seriously.

3 comments:

Book Lover said...

umm no.
Please let me know when you figure it out. I want to pull my hair out some days. So much to do and so little time. I do have to say I get most of my writing in at night when the girls go to bed. That is MY time!

Rachael Harrie said...

Good luck with the organization and prioritizing and finding of order :) You'll work it out, I'm sure of it.

Hugs,

Rach

Deana said...

I'm finding early mornings, right after I take my oldest to school is best for me. The bad part is I am so not a morning person. "Suck it up" needs to be my new mantra:)