Thursday, April 21, 2011

The writing world is hard. Keep it simple.

In my journey through all things writing I have discovered something...there are about a zillion and one opinions on any given subject concerning writing, publishing, querying and so forth, and some of it reads like a foreign language. 

Now I don't consider myself too particularly dense, but man, what does a writer have to do to get a straight answer on the web!?!

Not that all sites are this way.  For as many crazy ones out there, you can also find an equal amount of excellent and very helpful ones.  Some of my favorite blogs so far are Elana Johnson, Nathan Bransford, Janet Reid, and Pub Rants.  These seriously are just a few of them and I have gained some great insight scouring their pages...it's like they're are my best friends but they don't even know it...no, that really sounds creepy so scratch that last bit.

Anyhoo, with all the twisted wires in the writer/publishing world as well as the crazy lingo, I thought how lovely it would be to go to a kind of Writing for Dummies place.  So guess what?  I'm going to try to deliver it on my own. 

That's right.  I am a newbie to the writers world who continues to learn as I grow.  I'm not ashamed to touch on the really easy writing topics that some may feel afraid to ask professionals because they will be laughed at in front of the whole writing blogosphere.  I'm also not worried about dumbing down the hard stuff so those not in the complete know can understand.

So come back and check it out and if you have anything (writing-wise) you are desperate for just ask and if I don't know the answer I will surely find and tell you the easiest, most straight forward form of the answer I can.

Happy hunting writers, but don't hunt so hard and so long you waste all those precious writing moments and find nothing but a bald spot where you've ripped your hair out in frustration.

12 comments:

heatherfitness98 said...

I love your blog page and what you said..I am also new to writing (former teacher) and new to blogging..I am really enjoying it but I feel is it a long journey! I'd love to follow you through it and learn from you as well!!
Heather from: frugal fitness solutions

Deana said...

Awesome Heather! I love meeting new writers...what do you write? Do you have a writing blog?

parenting ad absurdum said...

You are exactly right, Deanna! The best writing comes from your personality, and you've already got that! Love your perspecitve :).

Stopping by from mbc...

Unknown said...

Newly following from MBC, would love for you to return the favor and check out my blog at www.iamcurlylocks.blogspot.com

Peace and Love,

Najeema Iman, I AM Curly Locks

Debbie Maxwell Allen said...

What a fantastic idea, Deanna! I'll definitely be checking it out.

~Debbie

Deana said...

Why thanks Parenting ad...I'm blushing!

Thanks for the follow Najeema, I'll check your blog out too:)

And Debbie, I'd love you to come back by, I adore your blog! You inspire me with your blog...daily...really!

Karen Cioffi said...

Hi, Deana,

Fellow Mom Blogger here. This is how I started out blogging - posting about what I learned. It's a great way of helping those just starting out.

I'm following you and would love if you'd follow me back!

Karen Cioffi Writing for Children and More

Deana said...

Good to know Karen. I checked out your site and it looks as if you you have come far!
THanks for stopping by and following me. I am doing the same:)

Anonymous said...

Hi, Deana! I'm glad you stumbled across my blog somehow. And thank you for the wonderful comment you left.

I'm looking forward to seeing how you develop and grow as you follow the path of the writer. Trust me, you won't stay a newbie long. You'll learn and develop fast, and new information will be flying at you everyday.

A couple of other blogs I'd like to point you to are this one and this one. Both helpful.

Oh, and this one too. :)

Have a great weekend and thank you again for stopping by my blog. :)

Deana said...

Thanks for all the recommends darcknt. I will have to check them out.
It's nice to know that one day I may be an old hand at all this writing stuff:)

Rachael Harrie said...

Ooh, great idea Deana, best of luck with it :)

Hugs,

Rach

Deana said...

Thanks Rachael!