Monday, April 30, 2012

A to Z Blogger Challenge: Letter Z

ZOOLANDER


Holy smokes, the blogger challenge has come to an end! I don't know about you all, but I had a blast, even though I went a bit incognito toward the end. I love all you crazies who took this challenge on. You've really inspired me!

Now, to close, I'd like to share a quote with you from Hansel in ZOOLANDER, because...well, Z is a hard letter to think up...and some days when I tell people I'm a writer, this is kinda how I feel.

 "I wasn't like every other kid, you know, who dreams about being an astronaut, I was always more interested in what bark was made out of on a tree. Richard Gere's a real hero of mine. Sting. Sting would be another person who's a hero. The music he's created over the years, I don't really listen to it, but the fact that he's making it, I respect that. I care desperately about what I do. Do I know what product I'm selling? No. Do I know what I'm doing today? No. But I'm here, and I'm gonna give it my best shot."
Hansel, ZOOLANDER

***
As far as getting back to my regular blogging...
I am taking the rest of the week off because I'm leaving for a writer's conference Wednesday. So, for those bloggers going to StoyMakers, I'll see you there. For those who aren't, I'll see you when I see you (which will be next Tuesday on my blog if you want to join me:)

Have a great week!

 

15 comments:

Jaye Robin Brown said...

Loved this movie. Yeah, I sort of fell off from posting these last few letters. Crazy challenge. Now back to my real writing.

Cassie Mae said...

That's one of my favorite lines from him!

And yay for Storymakers! I hope you have a freakin' blast!!!

Julie Daines said...

Hansel is hilarious! I'll see you at Storymakers. It's going to be awesome!!

Small Town Shelly Brown said...

I watched this movie while I was in labor with my second. Why? Because I KNEW it would make me laugh and forget the pain. It worked.
I can never actually own this movie because it's so darn filthy but it does make me laugh every time.

See you at Storymakers!! :)

Angela Brown said...

I would be jealous of all you wonderful people going to StoryMakers but I know you're all going to come back to share all the fun with us, your blogger buds. So enjoy yourself double-time!!!

Alleged Author said...

I love this movie. Have a great week off!

Melodie Wright said...

This movie is SO funny - almost to the end.
*cough, cough* I think I have the black lung.
Is this a school for ANTS?

Nancy Thompson said...

Didn't care for the movie bu t I love Owen's hair!

Kelley Lynn said...

Take pictures!! So jealous but totally excited for you!

Guilie Castillo said...

Awesome choice for Z, Deana :) Congratulations on finishing the challenge! It's been great joining you on it, and I look forward to staying in blogosphere touch :)

Emily R. King said...

HAHAHA! "Orange mocha frappuccinos!" Great movie.

Congrats for finishing the A to Z, Deana. You're amazing!

Martin Willoughby said...

Well, you did it. Congratulations and good luck on your course.

Donna K. Weaver said...

Yay! We did it! And I'm still exhausted!

Misha Gerrick said...

Great quote!

Came by to say thanks for visiting my blog. Hope you have a great conference. :-)

Ru said...

Congrats on ending the challenge :) Sorry I didn't get to meet you at Storymakers, for some reason I thought it would be really easy to find people I "know" through blogging ... kind of had no idea the turnout there was going to be so huge!