Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Writer's Platform Building Campaign


I have been waiting for this moment for a long while. See, I heard about this pretty amazing blogfest but not a blogfest...a campaign...awhile back and it sounded like the perfect way to get in to the writing world and meet people. Well, wouldn't you know, I missed it. Grrr, I can't stand it when that happens.
Fast forward to present day and Rach Harrie over at Rach Writes (gal who is putting this amazing thing together) is doing it again! Her third Platform Building Campaign.

This is a little blurb from the lovely lady herself on what a Campaign actually is:
What is the Campaign?
Basically, the Campaign is a way to link those of us in the writing community together with the aim of helping to build our online platforms. The Campaigners are all bloggers in a similar position, who genuinely want to pay it forward, make connections and friends within the writing community, and help build each others' online platforms while at the same time building theirs.

I originally referred to my Writers' Platform-Building Campaigns as "Crusades", but I've recently changed that name for reasons including
this one. So we'll be referring to ourselves as Campaigners rather than Crusaders from now on (and I hope you can all get behind the new name as strongly as you did behind the original one).

In 2010 we had 55 people take part, many of whom have become great blogging friends. We saw our followers skyrocket and the comments on our posts increase, and had fun taking part in the Challenges as well (kartofflepuffer anyone???).

In February 2011, we had 217 people take part before I closed the List, and many more who wanted to join. I made so many wonderful friends, and heard of some awesome connections and friendships being made between other writers. The new Group concept worked very well, and we saw Group interviews, get-to-know-you sessions, a Choose Your Own Adventure bloghop, among other things. The Challenges were again heaps of fun - I think we'll all remember the goldfish bowl flash fiction for a long time! And the Show Not Tell Challenge in April (linked with Arlee Bird's A-Z Challenge) was a ball of fun too!

I can't wait to see what fun comes out of this Third Campaign!

As the Campaign kicks off, you'll have the names and blog addresses of the Campaigners on my List of Campaigners page (above), so you can keep in touch with the other Campaigners. That way you’ll have a list of bloggers in the same position as you, who genuinely want to help you succeed. And you'll be able to meet those who have the most in common with you. You can visit their blogs and other places they haunt, follow along, leave comments galore, and share your highs and lows as you journey through the blogosphere and build your online platform. And they'll be doing the same for you.

If this sounds like something that you'd like to dip your writerly fingers into then get on over there because sign-ups end 8/31/11. Just click on the badge at the top and it will beam you directly to the place you need to be. See you there!

20 comments:

Angela Cothran said...

I'm doing this too and I'm so excited :)

Lori M. Lee said...

Yay, you're joining the campaign! This is my first year, and I'm super excited :D

Emily R. King said...

Look at your numbers, Deana! So great. I imagine when this next blogfest is over you'll be over 400. That's amazing!

alberta ross said...

hi there fellow campaigners - isn't this fun - just returning the visit - I was out so couldn't offer tea and cake!!

If it isn't to much of a cheek having just been introduced I'm going to e-mail about first fridays- if it is scrub me from your list!

J E Fritz said...

I love the campaigns. It's a great place to find so many other writers. Great to meet you :)

Shelley Koon said...

Hi Deana ;)

OK first off I LOVE your blog design. Followed the link on over form the Dystopian group where I am a fellow campaigner. Looking forward to getting to know you!

Sarah Tokeley said...

I'm loving the way we're all introducing ourself, it's like the first day of school with the ones who've done it before there to hold our hand :)

Unknown said...

Oh I want to do it, but I'm gonna be kind of MIA in Sept :(
(On vacay with little internet.)
But you have a great time!! :D

Jen said...

Hi Deana, I'm in your Dystopia group!

Shannon Lawrence said...

Hello from the campaign trail! I'll be posting an intro Thursday morning for fellow campaigners.

Katie Gates said...

Hey Deana, I was planning to visit your blog again and I see here that you're also in the Campaign. Exciting, huh? (Also... a bit overwhelming?) Anyway, I'm glad you're already on my list of blog-friends, and isn't it fun to be part of this crazy get-to-know-you fest?

Deana said...

I feel like we are at a party schmoozing! So much fun:) I love that I am seeing some old friends in the campaign and meeting some new buddies:)

Deana said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lindsay N. Currie said...

Yippee! Stopping by to say hello to a fellow campaigner! Cute blog BTW:)

Unknown said...

Fellow campaigner stopping by. Glad to see you over at my blog. You've got quite the cute place over here!

Unknown said...

I, too, really like the look of your blog. :)

Jules said...

Hello!

I'm another campaigner and we're in the post-apocalyptic group together :D

I'm slowly making my way around everyone!

I'm a new follower :D

http://thegreatthegoodandthebad.blogspot.com/

PK HREZO said...

See you there! ;)

Unknown said...

Whew, finally getting back to you! My internet is being painfully, horribly, I-want-to-smash-you-with-a-hammer slow, but...... I am almost following you! (as in, the follower page has aaaaaalmost loaded)

*sigh*

See you round :-)

Shelley Koon said...

Just a heads up, I have set up a Google Reader with all of Dystopian Group 21 in it to help organize all of our . Link is:

http://www.google.com/reader/shared/user%2F08181744977128699830%2Flabel%2FDystopian%20Group%2021