Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Warm Fuzzies: Week 4 and a Mix-Up

Before I get into the Warm Fuzzies Blogfest...
Last week was my final Firsts Fridays post, at least for the time being. Well...sike! I realized yesterday that I have one more lovely writer to interview so join me Friday for the real last Firsts Fridays with author, Damyanti.

Now, on to Warm Fuzzies. This week is the final week of Juliana Brandt's super fun blogfest. Here is our assignment:
This week, post what makes writing worth it for you and most importantly, post one of your Warm Fuzzy moments. It can be a scene from a WIP, short story, poem, anything that strikes your fancy. Visit one another’s posts and enjoy the writing you find there.

This assignment for me is like taking a sneak peak at Heaven and then being asked to describe it in detail. What words have we possibly invented on this earth to describe something like that?
That's how it is for me when I try to explain why I wake up every morning revelling in the thought of sitting down to a blank screen with just my imagination. It's why I go to bed at night reworking scenes in my head. It's why I wake up in the middle of the night to scribble dreams down or better yet, the perfect words that had eluded me until three in the morning.
It's a whirlwind romance and a long lasting marriage. It's that itch you can't ignore and when you find the spot and scratch it's bliss, but when you can't find it you drive yourself mad searching.
What can I say? I love to write and I love to hate writing. I wish it were more eloquent and fantastic than that, but its really a manic obsession, an obhorent addicition that I can't get get my fill of but I will keep trying.

What about you? If you're a writer what is it about the craft that keeps you doing it? If you aren't a writer, what is your passion you can't go on living without?

Juliana would also like us to post some work and since I am a big baby about posting my stuff I'm going to make mine short and sweet. One line from my current WIP, Ripple Effect:

Her eyes are ablaze and I don’t know who she is in that body of hers, but she wants a piece of me, and not in a good way.

13 comments:

Emily R. King said...

Your line is brilliant, Deana. You're nearly finished right?
It was fun to read all the entries for Juliana's blogfest.

Sarah Tokeley said...

This is a really intriguing line :-)

Kate Larkindale said...

Intriguing line... And great reasons to write. I mean, how can we stop?

Cortney Pearson said...

Love the line. And I'm with you, I can't ever get my fill of writing, but I keep trying. :)

Patricia JL said...

I think you managed eloquent and fantastic perfectly. Great description of why you love writing.

catherinemjohnson.com said...

Love that line! The best things come in short snippets :)

Great reasons to write too.

Cassie Mae said...

I'm glad I'm not the only one who goes to bed and dreams in the scenes of my book. :) And that line is beautiful!

Angela Cothran said...

Amen sister :) I love and hate writing too...more hate than love lately.

Kim Van Sickler said...

Great line! You've definitely got my interest. Yep, from your post you definitely sound like a writing addict!

Juliana L. Brandt said...

Ahh! I love that you posted only one line- I'm totally hooked! (You know, because I wasn't already, lol ;) )

I think you summed it up perfectly- it's an obsession!

Jessica Therrien said...

What a great one-liner! Man. Sucked me in for sure. What a tease! lol.

Jess said...

"It's a whirlwind romance and a long lasting marriage."

I don't think I've ever read anything that sums up writing better than that line does.

And that line from your WIP? BRILLIANT. Where is the rest?!

Katie Gates said...

What is it about the craft that keeps me doing it? What you said! EVERYTHING you said! And I'll add to that: there's nothing more gratifying than a complete sentence.
Wonderful, joyous post. Thank you!