You may have noticed my blogging has been sporadic this week. It's because I've been away visiting my dad for Thanksgiving and he lives on this great farm...with zero connection to the outside world. Well, I say zero and that is stretching it a bit, but it is turtle slow. I have to say, sometimes that disconnect from the craziness of the world is pretty great. I can understand why my dad and his family live on their sprawling farm full of goats, horses and dogs. While I love that life, I love the city life as well. There's nothing like needing a gallon of milk and the store being a minute away. Being able to appreciate both ends of the spectrum this week has me feeling very grateful for the things I have in my life and with Thanksgiving right around the corner I thought I would share a few of those things with you.
- My family and the overwhelming support they've given me after I told them I'm on a mission to become a published writer. If they think I'm a loon, they're keeping it to themselves and for that I'm grateful.
- The tremendous outpouring of love and support I've received from my writing buddies I've met through blogging. I mean seriously, who knew you all would be so wonderful!
- My children, my home, my dog, an abundance of what I need. So many out there don't have any of that.
- My husband and his patience with me when I forget to grocery shop or clean the house because I can't stop writing.
- The knowledge I have that I am special and unique in my own way and that God loves me. No matter if the above blessings were wiped away I would always have someone by my side leading me, guiding me and rooting me on.
What are you thankful for this Thanksgiving?
Whatever you are doing around the world, whoever you are sharing it, I hope you can count you many blessings:)