Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Dear Future Self Blogfest

If you haven't signed up for the Gearin' Up to Get an Agent Blogfest, now's your time!

Now on to another kick butt Blogfest...


This one is super fab, hosted by Kristin Creative.  I think the above button is pretty self explanatory...basically write a letter to your future self.  Any kind.  Here we go!

Dear Future Self,

Holy smokes girl, you finally made it!  I knew you could...well sometimes I had my doubts, but I guess you showed me.  Now look at you schmoosing with other crazy and quirky authors, travelling on book tours and not just attending conferences, but dang, you're a guest speaker at some!
Also, I love that you have stayed true to the newbies, continuing to help those who were in your shoes not long ago.  Don't you ever forget how that felt.  I know riding high must be exhilarating, but isn't it so much better to share the journey!

I do have to say I'm sorry for dragging my sorry tail more times than not.  You could have been published a couple years before if it weren't for me getting in your way.  What can I say; I'm a sucker for punishment.

I love you!  You keep rockin' it like a super studded rock master and I will continue to muscle through! 

If I could walk into the future I'd give you a big ole hug, I'd also thank you for never giving up on us.  I can tell it wasn't easy, but man it looks like it's worth it.

Have fun, keep it real and always tell yourself what you tell our daughter.  "Remember who you've always been."

Much love chica! 

See you soon,

Present Self

P.S. Say hi to our agent and tell her not to be so hard on me when I query her:)

15 comments:

Cynthia Chapman Willis said...

I love this! What a great letter. What better way to get motivated.

Debbie Maxwell Allen said...

So, can I just copy your letter? Seriously, it said just what I would have been trying to come up with!

~Debbie

Kristin Rae said...

LOVE this! And I love what you say; "Remember who you've always been."

Thanks so much for participating!

Leslie S. Rose said...

Ah, sixteen. I was brave and terrified at the same time. Love your message. I tell my kids to follow their passion. Wish I'd been told that instead of, "Make sure you have something to fall back on."

Gina Ciocca said...

I also hope I never forget what it feels like to be on the bottom... assuming I ever get to the top! I hate visiting author blogs and getting the vibe of "I'm published and awesome and you're not and not." Great letter!

Kayeleen Hamblin said...

So great. I love your personality! This is a great letter. I hope it happens this way for you.

Jennifer Shirk said...

Super cute! Loved your letter. :)

Unknown said...

Love it--very cool. I can't possibly improve on that, so I'm not gonna try. :)

Lora Rivera said...

Love the LOVE in this letter, woman. Copy paste....
:)

Deana said...

Thank you much ladies! I had so much fun doing it I may just do it every month for the heck of it:)

A.L. Sonnichsen said...

Cute! That's a very good point: to not forget what it's like to be a newbie. I hope I never forget that, either!

Amy

Unknown said...

Aww, I missed this...but I think I'll do it anyway, lol!

Theresa Milstein said...

Deana, this is great. How nice of you to help the newbies now that you're a big author!

Fresh Garden said...

Absolutely fantastic! I love it!

Karen M. Peterson said...

This is so much fun!

I'd be afraid of what I might say to myself...