Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Excuse Me While I ....

I wish I could tell you I've tapped the awesome powers of the writing biz and that I'm ready and willing to share them with you, but alas...

My name is Deana Barnhart, and I have a reading addiction. 

Currently, the Iron Fey books by Julie Kagawa have me wrapped in an icy embrace and I just can't let go!  So while I have about a million things to do--blogging mind-blowing words of wisdom being one of them--I allowed myself one day to indulge in another world.  It has been wonderful!

can take a moment from my reading binge, however, to remind everyone about 'Firsts Fridays', and feel good about it too, because it is going to be super helpful.  This Friday I will be interviewing the Aussiefab Rachel Harrie, from Rach Writes..., about platform building.  In less than a year she has taken the blogosphere by storm.  You don't want to miss this one!

AND...

Don't forget, I have some massive fun coming up this summer also!  A tiny hint, and this is only part of it: I've got a literary agent in my pocket and she is in a giving mood:)

Until next time...
Keep writing.  Keep learning.

12 comments:

Unknown said...

I wish, during school, I could find the time to read what I choose. lol. I mean, at least I'm still reading, even if it is for school. This semester wasn't too bad because we read things from Arthurian Legends, and last year we read books from Authors in India, which was so cool! This Summer I made a list, I'm going to stick to it!!

Wow! I'm so excited about what you have in store for the Summer!!!

Cynthia Chapman Willis said...

Oh, I understand the reading addiction thing. Happily, reading feeds the writing. Enjoy your delicious books!

Author Joshua Hoyt said...

I look forward to reading your blog it looks fun and I'm excited about the upcoming events.

Deana said...

Ashley, I feel your pain with the assignment reading...but hey, I have ended up reading some pretty cool books that way too:)
I'm gald you are excited about the summer over here, come visit any time you want!

Cynthia, you are so right, I may be having a bit of writers block. It seems when I do I begin devouring books. Thats fine by me I suppose:)

Josh, thanks and come visit any time:)

Unknown said...

Oh, I gave you a blog award as my new found blogging buddy. Check it out. :)

Priya Shankar said...

Congratulations to you! i just read through a bunch of your posts and wanted to say I enjoyed reading your blog. Glad to be a new follower and good luck!

Unknown said...

I am a read freak myself and proud of it. I should probably create a badge for it. I can't wait to read your interview with Rachel Harrie.

Deana said...

Yay! Thanks Ashley:) You made me feel so special!

Priya, thanks foor browsing my blog, you made my day too:)

Brandon, when you make a badge send one over my way. I'd gladly wear that sucker:) And yes, you don't want to miss Rachel's interview. She is awesome!

Leslie S. Rose said...

You are so good at enticing us to come back to your blog. I too, am in the grips of a reading addiction. On my Kindle I'm reading AN ABUNDANCE OF KATHERINES, hardback the new Sookie Stackhouse novel, and paperback SHIVER. Don't get me started on audiobooks...oh the madness.

Deana said...

Oh my goodness Leslie, I LOVE me some audio books! And Shiver...ate it up too. I haven't read Sookie yet, but hear I am missing a great deal. She is on my list, but man my list is looooong:)
Keep coming back, I will gladly fuel your addiction:)

Debbie Maxwell Allen said...

Thanks for the book recommendation! I'll check them out.

~Debbie

Kristin Rae said...

I bought the Iron Fey books but haven't started reading them yet! I've heard they will take over my life once I do... so I think I'm nervous about starting. LOL.