Happy New Year my peoples! I sure hope whatever holiday you've been celebrating has been wonderful!
I can't tell you how happy I am to be back in the saddle, so to speak. I've had a terrific little break and I've spent a lot of it reflecting on this past 2011 as well as picking my New Year resolutions for 2012.
This week I'm going to be sharing those because, like most of you, I think it's important to see where I've come in a year, and where I'm headed...or at least, would like to be headed.
Before I get into that, however, I would be remiss if I didn't first rattle off some of the many blessings I received over the holiday break. And as I share them, I think it's important to note that before some of them became blessings, they started out as nightmares. Thats' life though, I suppose.
1) I realized how completely supportive my family is about my writing when, for Christmas, I received not one, but two laser printers and a trip to the LDS StoryMakers conference in May!
2) Twenty pages from finishing the third edit of my novel, my computer crashed. I didn't know what I was going to do...until a new lap top showed up on my front porch. Literally! Querying agents in February is still a go!
3) The night before Christmas Eve, my seven year old daughter woke me up with the 24 hour puking bug. I spent the entire night holding her hair back and rubbing her back. In those wee hours of the morning, I realized how completely blessed I am be able to love and comfort my children when they need me.
4) This is the first year, in many, that we live close to family and didn't have to kill ourselves travelling from one place to another with loads of luggage.
5) I love my family and they love me. Probably the best blessing of all!
What about you? Amidst the goal setting, and reflecting on the past, have you taken the time to count your many blessings? If so what are some of them?