Friday, January 27, 2012

Writers Butt--Update #1

Welp, this is my first Writer's Butt update and I really wanted to find the perfect picture for the occasion but I couldn't find one. If anyone knows of any hilarious pics (in good taste) that would relate to Writers Butt, I'd love to hear about it.

Now, onto the update....

As I said in my beginning of the year goals post, I am determined to get my tail in shape this year and rid my life of Writer's Butt. I am under the impression that being accountable to you all is going to help me reach my goal.

SO

It has been 26 days and here is what I've done:

- Joined Weight Watchers (I have actually been a member for awhile, but was horrible at doing it. Now I'm better!

- Started working out. I'm trying mix it up be doing some P90X, Dance 2 and Adventures on the Kinect and cleaning. And I do this BEFORE I start my writing.

- Eating smaller portions.

By doing those things I have LOST 8.2 POUNDS!!!

I'm feeling pretty good. Nope it isn't Biggest Loser numbers or anything, but it is coming off which makes me feel better every time my butt plops in the writing chair.

What about you? Are you trying to rid your life of Writer's Butt? If so, what are you doing? How is it going? What about other goals, how are they coming along?

***
Before I say adios for the weekend I want to thank all of those who helped me out and encouraged me through the crappy synopsis. I also want to give Sharon Bayliss and Robin Weeks a shout out and a big thanks for both giving me the Kreative Blogger award! You two are slammin' in my book:)
Now for 6 random things about me (some of these may be repeats so I'm sorry if you've heard them before...
1) When I was a child I lived in a tent with my dad for about 6 months.
2) I was attacked by my brothers big dog and my husband--then boyfriend--saved me and was attacked. To this day both of us have scars and nerve damage in our arms.
3) I've moved way more times than I can count. 30 times give or take is what I'm thinking.
4) A brown recluse bit me when I was a teenager and I almost lost my leg.
5) I was a baton twirler for the Tennessee Twirlers when I was a kid and made the state team in Tennessee and we got to travel and perform all over.
6) My great uncle was in the Guinness Book of World Record for pulling a train with his teeth. No lie!

And I'm passing this award on to just a few of my favorite bloggers out there (I wish I could pick you all!):

29 comments:

Jaye Robin Brown said...

Congratulations on your poundage loss! Most excellent.

Meredith said...

Congrats on losing so much weight already! That's awesome. And thanks so much for the award! I can't believe you've moved 30 times--moving is one of my least favorite things EVER. :)

Juliana L. Brandt said...

You're amazing. Congratulations! Sticking to a schedule is not easy. The only reason I manage to work out is because of my boyfriend and dogs AND because the muses speak loudest when I'm trail running :)

Unknown said...

Yay for you, Deanna! I wish I could say I was doing something, but this body hasn't been in motion this month at all. Guilt runs high. You've inspired me. ^_^

Tasha Seegmiller said...

Love it. I go spinning several times a week. Keep it up - you will never regret it.

Angela Cothran said...

Yay! Great job! I've been trying to lose my writers butt too :) I started the beginning of November and I'v lost 18 lbs. Only a million more to go! Thanks for the award :)

Kelley Lynn said...

Congratulations!!! Way to go!

And it sounds like you're doing it the right way which is very important.

Connie B. Dowell said...

Congrats! Also, seems like you've had an adventurous life, with the spider and the scary dog.

Anonymous said...

Hi Deana, first time visitor and followed! Congrats on the 8.2 weight loss. I lost about the same amount using Weight Watchers as a framework and exercizing. It feels great!

Martin Willoughby said...

Dog bites! Yikes.

Kim Van Sickler said...

Do you have a fear of dogs and spiders now? Great job with the weight loss. You are so right, our sedentary dispositions mean that we have to make an effort to move around. (And exercising helps us recharge our batteries and refocus. Bonus!)

Elana Johnson said...

Congrats on the 8 pounds! I am trying to be healthier in many ways. Eating whole grains. No "whites." Exercising for 20 minutes/day. Personal study. Spending more time offline. That kind of thing. It seems to be working so far!

Alice said...

Good for you for losing 8 pounds. I've been on a cleansing diet this month and have lost about the same amount. I just want to lose the extra 10-15 lbs. that's been hanging out around my middle.

Brinda said...

That is ridiculously GREAT. Wow. You are motivating me.

Melodie Wright said...

Wow - wonderful job!! 8.2 pounds is A LOT. I wish I could lose 8.2 pounds as fast as that!

My dad got bitten by a brown recluse. It melted a huge hole in his forehead. bleck. And the dog attack story is very dramatic. You'll work that into a (future) MS, right??

Julie said...

Oh you are such a goal happy ninja queen!! I'm envious of your self control! When it comes to working out... I'm dismal at keeping to a schedule. GO YOU!

P.s. New stalker alert!

Jasmine Walt said...

That's awesome, Deana! I got myself a Wii Fit and started counting all my calories and have lost about four pounds so far. I feel really good about this getting in shape thing so far! :D

Wow. You've had some scary things happen to you!

... HOLY CRAP. Thanks! I've never been given a blogger award before! :D :D :D

Jenna Blake Morris said...

Congrats on your goal and the blog awards! And eesh, he really pulled it with his teeth?? I find that insane and more than a little impressive.

Loree Huebner said...

Congrats on the weight loss! WTG! Great news!
and congrats on the award!

alexia said...

Congrats on the 8.2 pounds! I am going to try to start exercising and am thinking about getting the Wii zumba workout.

Anonymous said...

OMG . . . you go girl with your 8.2 pds! I did WW in 2007 & lost a ton of weight & swore I'd never be fat again, & now I'm at my highest weight, wahhhhh! And it is totally Writer's Butt, too:( I loved your 6 things. Seems like something was out to get ya when you were a kid. Oh, & I did baton too but not as well as u, lol. And my hubby & 11-yr-old will be in the next World Record book b/c they were in the largest gathering of zombies at a Zombie Fest. Finally, thank u for deeming me worthy of this award. Jenny Kaczorowski already nominated me for this award, too . . . I don't know if people want to know more random things about me, lol. But I'm honored all the same. Will have another contest coming up in Feb. w/ my fab friend who just had her YA hit stores this week:):):)

Sharon Bayliss said...

Congrats on the weight loss! I love Weight Watchers too, but right now am heading in a different direction on the scale, for obvious reasons. You sound like a fascinating person! Thanks for sharing!

Unknown said...

I lost a little over a pound! :) Congrats on your 8.5!

And dang, girl. How often can one person be attacked in their life?

Leslie S. Rose said...

8 Whoo-hoos, one for each pound. I think you need to put some video on the blog of your baton twirlin'. I broke a ceiling fan once trying to learn to toss the baton. Not pretty.

Carrie-Anne said...

Congratulations on your weight loss! I've lost and gained 20 pounds a number of times over the years. I've belonged to a gym for the last four and a half years (hopefully all the insincere resolutions people will disappear soon and give us regulars our space back!), and go spinning 3-4 times a week, take PowerBall, and use some of the machines upstairs, usually the treadmill.

Kelley Lynn said...

I'm back! Just wanted to let you know that I left you an award over at my blog :)

Jade Hart said...

Yay, I've just found your blog. :) I'm a new stalker - I mean follower. :)
Look forward to your future posts and awesome work on the weight. We have a treadmill that I try to use every other morning, it doesn't happen, but I figure just having it in the house means I have good intentions :) lol

Anonymous said...

Well done! Sometimes it's hard to be healthy if we stop thinking about it consciously.

I've been using myfitnesspal.com to help me stick to being healthy. So far it's helped and in the last 6 weeks I have lost 9lbs.

Cortney Pearson said...

Congrats!! I should work on Writer's Butt, but I munch way to much while writing (dang chocolate)! I admire your dedication, keep at it!