Wednesday, February 8, 2012

I'm Hearing Voices Blogfest - Day Two

I’m Hearing Voices

We're at it again! Day two of the I'm Hearing Voices Blogfest has begun and this one is all about dialogue.
The rules are simple: Introduce two of your characters using only dialogue. I chose Mole and Raven, two supporting characters in Ripple.

Ready. Set. Go.

"Just be the ball Mole, think like it and...shoot."

"Easy for you to say Raven. But I've got too many personalities in my head as it is. I don't want to be the stupid ball. This game sucks. I'm leaving."

"Where you gonna go? You're in a freakin' mental institution. All we have is our basketball court and some TVs hung from the ceiling."

"Can't you burn us out of this joint or something."

"Ummm that would be a big negatory. That's how I landed my butt in this hole in the first place."

"Fine. Give me the ball."

"Finally coming around. Here. Now, be the ball like I said."

"I'm not going to pretend to be this ball. It can't help me. It doesn't even think. I'm gonna crush you, you insignificant excuse for a ball."

"What the heck did you do that for? And where did you get that knife in the first place. We aren't allowed to have weapons here Mole."

"It's one of the butter knives from breakfast, genius."

"Yeah, well, your butter knife just ruined my day. Now I'll have to go watch Vampire Diaries re-runs. Thanks a lot Mole."

"You're welcome Raven. I knew you'd be happier without that stupid ball."

*** 

That was fun!
 If you want to go check out the rest, I'm sure you won't be disappointed.

27 comments:

T.D. McFrost said...

I hope they escape from that place soon. They're such nice people. FREE THEM DEANA!

Peggy Eddleman said...

GREAT dialogue! I loved it!

Meredith said...

Haha, what fun banter! And yay for Vampire Diaries re-runs! :)

Emily R. King said...

Haha! I love that you did Mole and Raven. So great!

Matthew MacNish said...

Hah! What fun.

Kelley Lynn said...

Haha. I'd be mad too. Ruining my basketball!!! Grrrr :)

Loree Huebner said...

Yeah, they need to get out of there soon! Very funny.

Jenny S. Morris said...

Oh, so much Fun. Love it. I want to know more!

Angela Cothran said...

Deana--this is so funny! What I love most about it is that I could really sense their personalities :) Why are they in a mental institution? I'm intrigued!

Tara Tyler said...

i love mental patients!
great job!

Juliana L. Brandt said...

There's something about dialogue posts, lately :)

I <3 this banter. Creative and I'm %100 interested in the characters. Mental institution? Awesome setting :)

Hope Roberson said...

Nice back and forth between them :) I want to know why they're in there and how they're going to get out!

Brinda said...

Terrific job on this! I could see so much personality in both characters. And...um..I would watch Vampire Diaries with Raven. :)

Cassie Mae said...

Vampire Diaries isn't a bad alternative, lol :)

Awesome job!

Unknown said...

I loved this exchange! They're so interesting, and clever! Great job!

Roland D. Yeomans said...

Deana :
Wow. A butter knife in a mental institution. Lax security, right? Great interaction with your heroes. I want to know what happens next, Roland

Leigh Covington said...

So fun! Seriously awesome characters and I love the voice. I hope they escape that place too. Man - you've got to give us more!

Also - you changed your pic! Love it!

Tasha Seegmiller said...

Okay, I'm really intrigued - both about who they are and *what* they are.

Melodie Wright said...

Great job - I could see it all happening.

Sharon Bayliss said...

Very fun. Like a little deleted scene from Ripple. :) Their voice really came through.

Anonymous said...

I like the original setting for this piece of dialogue in a mental institution.

S. L. Hennessy said...

I love these character's voices! Great job!!

Anonymous said...

LOL, can't wait to read more of them . . . I need to catch up on my Vampire Diaries reruns, too:)

Small Town Shelly Brown said...

Funny, Deana! Love these two :)

Sara said...

Interesting, and funny. I love the vampire diaries bit.

Hywela Lyn said...

Such a fun post, great dialogue! Love it!

Leslie S. Rose said...

I love moments like these that make me crave more of the story. Snappy characters.