Monday, February 6, 2012

I'm Hearing Voices Blogfest

I’m Hearing Voices

Who doesn't need a shrink at one time or another? Angie Cothran and Cassie Mae happen to think our characters could use some head help too! Don't you love it? So Day 1 of the I'm Hearing Voices Blogfest is taking our characters to the couch. Come with me on a journey into Alec's mind. He's my troubled pretty boy from Ripple.

Deana: Hello Alec. We have a couch over here. Won't you lie down?

Alec: Nah, I think I'll stand, but thanks for asking doll. You sure do look lovely by the way.

Deana: Oh Alec, its not gonna happen today. This day is all about you. So lets get started shall we?

Alec: Sure thing. I'm an open book.

Deana: We'll see about that. Alec, what would you say is your biggest vulnerability?

Alec: *Cough* Well, ah, you really know how to start a therapy session off don't you? I guess my answer would be an actual person. Her name starts with a K. I probably shouldn't say that since it's my brothers girl and all.

Deana: And that would have been my next question: Do others know this or is it a secret?

Alec: Yeah, not something I like to broadcast. Ruins my whole tough guy, I could give a crap less, image.

Deana: What would your best friend say is your fatal flaw and why?

Alec: *laughs* I don't have friends Deana, are you kidding? My brother can't stand me and Kali forgot she ever knew me soooo, I guess to answer that for myself, it would be that I am devastatingly handsome. It gets me into a lot of trouble. *wink* Hence the whole brother hating me thing.

Deana: *blushing slightly because he really is good looking* Alrighty then, since you have no friends, what would you say is your redeeming quality and why?

Alec: No doubt about it, I would lay down my life for my friends, family, the cause.

Deana: Wait. I thought you didn't have any friends?

Alec: They might not like me, but that doesn't mean I don't like them. *silence* Can we move on?

Deana: Sure. What do you want most?

Alec: Hmm, now that isn't so easy. I wish I could say to get the girl, but I'd really like to save the world too.

Deana: Can you pick one?

Alec: I suppose if I save the world I might get the girl too, so I'm going with save the world.

Deana: Okay, and what will you do to get that?

Alec: Almost anything. Even betray my own flesh and blood. Cause it's all for a good cause you know?

Deana: Yes Alec, I do know. Thanks for letting us get inside your head today.

Alec: Anything for you sweet cheeks.

Deana: Would you stop that already?

Alec: What? *smiles*

And that's it folks! To check out the other entries go HERE

16 comments:

Meredith said...

Oh my goodness, I think I have a new crush. Too cute! What a wonderful secretly vulnerable bad boy!

Tara Tyler said...

what a flirt! overcompensating? he's very insecure for being so good looking. needs a girl or friend to overlook his appearance and put him in his place, right?

great voice!

Emily R. King said...

Oh, Alec. I want to read more about you in the sequel!

Brinda said...

He sounds dangerous for a married woman. *grin*

Loree Huebner said...

I look forward to reading more from/about Alec. He does like to flirt...

Small Town Shelly Brown said...

Funny! Too bad the kids having so much trouble but his tough exterior should get him through it ;)

Jessica R. Patch said...

I love a flirt with a big heart. Great session!

Martin Willoughby said...

He's such a smug little...cutie pie. And probably insecure.

Did I get a hint that you fancy him?

Angela Cothran said...

Deana--Oh, I LOVE him!!! I'm a sucker for a charmer. You really have a gift for voice. Alec was so real. Fab job :)

Jenna Blake Morris said...

Ha! Alec cracked me up. Hilarious interview, and I think it showed a lot about him in such a small space -- I loved how complex he seems, even just from this glimpse.

Kelley Lynn said...

Oh that's tough. To love your brother's girl. Poor guy!

Sharon Bayliss said...

Ha! I love the way you incorporated his voice. As a beta reader, it certainly raises a lot of questions for me too! I'll just have to keep reading to find out how Kali intersects with him. Was he the one visiting Mole?

Nancy Thompson said...

Too cute! Good job!!

Wish I was brave enough to do this blogfest. *sigh*

Christa Desir said...

Very cute. I like Alec a lot:)

Cassie Mae said...

Flirt! I love it :) And saving the world usually does get ya the girl, Alec :)

Hywela Lyn said...

Ooh, he's such a charmer. Great post - sorry I'm so late commenting, I'm getting slighly confused as to who I've visited and who I haven't, there are so many great entries!