Thursday, February 2, 2012

Friday Free For All

Happy Friday!
(Yes I am posting this on Thursday actually, but it's because of a blog hop (see below) and the link had to be up Thursday.)

Alright, I can't keep it bottled in any longer. I want to scream it from the hills how stinking awesome this blogging/writing community is!

First off, if you remember last Friday, I had my first Writer's Butt post and I asked for picture ideas.Well, wouldn't you know, awesome chick, Heidi Bolton said she was sitting in the carpool line and decided to draw me up something. And let me tell you; I LOVE MY NEW WRITER'S BUTT! Check it out....
Hehe! Thanks Heidi!!!


Another reason blogging rocks. I love checking in every month on Sharon Bayliss' blog, The Blue Word, because she gives us the lowdown on all the latest and greatest writing contests. Here is this months contest post (part 1) from Sharon 

I also got three awards this week! The above mentioned Sharon Bayliss (The Blue Word) and Martin Willoughby (From Sand to Glass) gave me the Kreativ blog award and Kelley Lynn (Between the Bookends) gave me The Two Thumbs Up From Skunk and Liebster awards.



Now instead of boring you all with loads of info about me. I am going to combine one thing about me you may not know and the one thing I like about myself (because that is what you're supposed to do for the Skunk award).

Drumroll........
I have never had a cavity! Its a fact about myself and something I think is pretty darn cool about myself too:)
Thanks for the awards guys!

Now for my final Friday Free For All fun:

Juliana Brandt is doing a fun little blog hop where you do a scene and every line of dialogue is done in the form of a Tweet.  No more than 140 characters. So here is mine. Short and Sweet:)
Theme: Four years old and still not potty trained
My characters @potty training child, @mommy, @daddy
@mommy: Listen buddy, today's the day. Your going to poop in the potty. Yay!
@pottytrainingchild: Nope.
@mommy: Oh yes you are sweetie. # 2 is going in the potty. And its happening today. YAY!
@pottytrainingchild: Nope.
@mommy: Listen. If you don't go potty in the potty, I'm going to have to take you to the doctor.
@pottytrainingchild: Nope.
@mommy: And if you have to go to the doctor, you're going to have to get a shot. In you butt.
@pottytrainingchild: I gotta go potty mommy
@mommy: Yay!
@pottytrainingchild: *grunts* *grunts* *grunts*
@mommy: *whistle while trying not to look too hopeful*
@pottytrainingchild *plop* Mommy, poopy just came out my butt into the toilet.
@mommy: Yay yay yay yay!
@pottytrainingchild: I no go to the doctor to get a shot!
@mommy: Nope baby. I'm going to text daddy the good news! *texting good news*
@daddy: *texting back* Holy crap that is good news!
@mommy: *texting back* crap is right :)

Now you know another great thing that's happened in my life recently and it's about dang time! Hey, don't judge on the fake threat of a shot to the butt either. You do what you gotta do. The boys trained right?:)

Have a great weekend folks!

20 comments:

Shannon Lawrence said...

That is a fantastic writer's butt! Haha!

And haha at the Twitter convo piece. It is so nice when they're potty trained. I watched my 12 month old nephew today and changed my first diaper in months. I don't miss that part.

Shannon at The Warrior Muse, co-host of the 2012 A-to-Z Challenge!

Emily R. King said...

The writer's butt pic is HILARIOUS. Thanks so much for the giggle!

Jeremy Bates said...

awesome pic. great post!

Leigh Covington said...

Love it all - and the writers butt is awesome! LOVE IT! Totally impressed by you never having a cavity! Rock on!

Heidi said...

Deana, thanks for the shout-out. You could say I was inspired. You had me at "Writer's Butt." And thanks for the sweet comments from all of you kind folks.
Heidi

Brinda said...

I joined Weight Watchers online yesterday. :) I don't want writer's butt.

Angela Cothran said...

I wish my writers butt looked like that :)

Tasha Seegmiller said...

Love the writer's butt. It has amazing definition :)

Juliana L. Brandt said...

That writer's butt is amazing. I think I'm going to have to steal it and stick it on my computer as a reminder to get up and move!

You cracked me up with the dialogue :)

Peggy Eddleman said...

Congrats on the awards, the potty training success, and the butt drawing! Sounds like you had a good week. :)

Unknown said...

Ha! Congrats on a successful flush!

Now I must get my writer butt out of bed and make some trips up and down the stairs. Thanks for making me smile. ^_^

Kelley Lynn said...

I've never had a cavity either!!!

Melodie Wright said...

Hee. Love those potty training stories!

Sharon Bayliss said...

Hi Deana,

Thanks for the awesome shout out! Soon I'll have to start potty training my son, and I'm not looking forward to it! But I'm also not looking forward to double diaper duty (no pun intended, but it works two ways doesn't it?)

Unknown said...

I wished my writing butt looked like that!!

Adorable dialogue! It was a super fun challenge. :))

Martin Willoughby said...

If it works with a child, it works.

Unknown said...

Awesome writer's butt. Love it! And very cute dialogue. Authentic and fun.

Stephanie said...

Love the writer's butt and the dialogue. Hey, whatever works to get them on the potty. Changing diapers gets old fast.

Leslie S. Rose said...

You need to start marketing, "Writer's Butt" t-shirts. Too perfect.

Nguyen said...

You may also be interested in following our reports as the Airlines/Airport Examiner. Nursing Assistant Cna Jobs Fort Wayne Il While visiting, one of your goals should be to make the staff want to keep your relative as comfortable and as happy as possible. Its easy to think of nursing as one big career field, but in reality the nursing career is an umbrella that covers many, many specific fields of nursing. Each event must be completed at a level of perfection to maintain a leading position within her cultural tribe.