Friday, July 15, 2011

Gearin' Up to Get an Agent Week 2 Wrap-up and Week 3 Here We Come!

Well folks, we are half-way through our little blogfest.  Are you having fun yet?

So far we have thrown out our writing questions to the blogosphere and we have put our writerly minds together and come up with a most interesting story about a peculiar girl named Dio who loved a rotten-egg-smelling-Grandoolex-spaceleaper.  Did I get that right? 

It was an absolute blast watching a story come to life and getting to know some of you blogfesters even more.  We have some serious talent is all I'm sayin'.

If you've come to read the masterpiece that is The Rocky Tale of Dio Franklin, don't worry I have it, but it did end up being 28 pages double spaced on Word, so I gave it a home in my Pages section.  Go here to see what happens when a bunch or writers are told to link a story together through blogs in a 24 hour period.  Good times!

***

Now for the grand prize of week 2.....

MARCIE BRIDGES

You have won a double query critique from Rach Harrie over at Rach Writes.
Enjoy!

***

Blogfest News

Week 3 is right around the corner and for those ready to query, this week is designed for you!  Sign-ups for the Query Contest, judged by once an agent, always a writer, Lora Rivera, will begin Monday!

Here is a refresher of the rules for this portion of the fest....

Week 3Query Critique Contest

Rules:
I think this one is pretty self explanatory. If you are ready to query then we are ready to help.
-Visit my blog starting Saturday and sign up in the linky I provide so others can visit your blog and give HELPFUL advice on your query. 

-We will hop around giving our input until Tuesday.
-Tuesday take your polished query and email it to me deanabarnhart@gmail.com
-Wednesday I will pick the top 5 or 10 depending on number of participants and post on my blog
-Friday, Lora Rivera will pick a winner and he/she will get a choice of a query critique or a first 5 page critique.
One thing about Lora and her critiques...
She may not be an agent anymore, but she still thinks like one. She has told me her critiques are very thorough, therefore I believe they are extremely beneficial!
Sound like a plan man?  Alright then, I'll see you Saturday:)

Until then...
Keep writing.  Keep learning.

16 comments:

Christa Desir said...

Oh, I'm excited I'm in town to actually do this one. Can't wait to hear other people's feedback.

marcie_ann said...

I'm super excited that I won. Thanks, Deana!

Deana said...

Glad you are too Christa:)

Marcie, congrats! I'm thrilled you won too:)

Catherine Johnson said...

Congrats Marcie! The story flows so well. Thanks for all your hard work Deana.

Debbie Maxwell Allen said...

It's been fun lurking here! Thanks for all your work, Deana!

~Debbie

Juliana L. Brandt said...

Deana- I haven't finished editing the last half of my WIP, so I'm not ready to query. Could I still post my query to get it critiqued by others and just not submit it to you in the final?

Angela Cothran said...

Deana - Thanks for all your work! I'm very excited about next week :)di

Deana said...

Thanks giys! It wouldn't have worked without you all:)

Juliana, I sent you an email but just so everyone knows, for the query critique you do not have to have a finished project in order to participate. This is just for query help:)

Nancy Thompson said...

YAY! I'm so excited for this one. Thanks, Deana!

Kristi's Book Nook said...

Very exciting! Can't wait.

Juliana L. Brandt said...

Yay!! Thanks! :)

Unknown said...

Congrats to Marcie and thanks for making this such a fun experience. Looking forward to lurking around and hopefully learning more.

amy kennedy said...

Marcie, so excited for you. Deanna, I am so jazzed for this -- you and the other participants have made this seem like one giant party!

Anonymous said...

Is Week 3 open to all genres? I write historical fiction sagas, and know that's not such a popular length or genre nowadays. Also, are we required to put the title in the query on our blogs? I'm a little bit paranoid about someone stealing my work, so I never post excerpts, and refer to my books as "my Russian novel," "Adicia's story," "my Atlantic City books," etc., in lieu of using their titles.

Unknown said...

This'll be fun!

Michelle Fayard said...

Marcie, it made my morning when I opened my e-mail, found Deana's post and learned you had won. Congratulations! I can't wait for Week 3. Again, Deana, you are hands down the best. :)

Michelle