Before I get to my question I just wanted to thank all those who have signed up for week 1. I have already been to a few of the blogs and I can't wait to get to the rest and find out your burning questions...for writing. In my opinion, you are never to experienced to ask questions and when you stop, the learning stops too. My hope with this blogfest is that no matter where we are in our writing journey, we will get a boost doing one or all of these mini-fests. So I'm thrilled others out there are hungry to get those writing juices flowing like me!
If you haven't signed up for the blogfest yet. Go here to get in on the action for week 1 and here to get your name on the Gearin' Up to Get an Agent Blogfest list.
I Just had to Ask...
Now for my question. Well, I am asking two, one is so short a simple yes or no can answer, plus being the host and all I thought maybe I would be ok with two:)
1) I heard somewhere that double spaces in between periods are no more. Is this true? In writing a manuscript, do we only have one space after a period now?
2) I'm curious what others opinions are on building a platform before the book deal. If you read my blog regularly, you know I ask many of my Firsts Fridays spotlighters what they think about it. Now I'd like to get your opinion and find out your reasoning for why you feel it's necessary or not to build a platform before the book deal?
- If you are on Twitter feel free to head over and chat it up through tweets! The blogfest hashtag is #GetanAgentBlogfest
- If you want to get your genre listed by your name in the blogfest list just leave me a comment here
- Friday I will be randomly choosing the winner of Margot Finke's critique and I will also be sending all those who commented on this portion of the blogfest a pdf of her new children's adventure book. It is so cute!
Then there's next week! We will be starting our story chain and I can't tell you how excited I am to find out what we will come up with.
The loverly Lora Rivera has helped me come up with a fabulous idea which I will spill the beans about on Friday. I am also thinking I will start sign ups for week 2 on Friday so I can get started on making assignments for each person. I will give further info on this later. Just know it is going to be FUN! Plus I will be giving away another fabulous critique. This one a double critique from Rach Harrie over at Rach Writes.
Keep writing. Keep learning.